Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today

Good morning y'all,

When I made this card, I was so in love with the paper but when I found this ribbon in my stash, I knew it had to go with this card. I distressed this beautiful oval (from one of my lovely blogger friends), added those Wild Orchid flowers (don't you just love them) and the gems and knew this little cutie from Tellen's Place Designs would work just fine. These summer image divas were fun that my son created....


I'm entering this card into a few challenges:

*Creative Card Crew* - "Let's get cute and girlie"
*The Pink Elephant* - "Summer Fun"
*Wild Orchid Challenge* - "One for the Girls"
*Creative Inspirations Challenge* - DT - I know...I miss being on a DT and CI is so awesome! Wish me luck!

Today is the first day of Ramadan and though this is my 4th, the first day is still difficult. No food or water (starting at 4:51 am until 8:18 pm). Can you see King Mufasa and I eagerly awaiting that delicious drink of water? During this time, no matter what I cook, it will be so delicious. *smile* Yep, for 30 days, everything I cook will be the absolute best! I will rule the throne this month. :-)

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting! :~)

12 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hi Terry. What a fab card. Cute image and I love the colours and the paper. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Terry, I love the combination of papers and ribbon, they are so perfectly matched and also perfect for this gorgeous diva...I love her hot pants lol! Good luck during Ramadan...there's no way I could survive without my choccie for even an hour so hat's off to you my friend...wishing you all the best :) Donna x

Heather said...

Oh Terry! She is ADORABLE!!! I love the orange with her. Sooo cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

janis said...

love this card!!! the flowers, the image, the ribbon, everything goes perfectly with each other!

Joynana said...

Wow Terry, I love the image and the card is just way too cute. Care to share?

Julie M said...

Great card, Terry - I love that ribbon, you were right, it is perfect with the paper. Hope your dinner was delicious last night, and that the next 29 days are easier for you than the 1st!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week.

Julie :o)

mulberry station said...

Wow, Your ribbon is perfect for your card. What a lovely match!! Your son has drawn up the sweetest images. I just love this one. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for stopping by to see me and comment. Miss you on our DT. Have a great week...I need to go get ready for work.
Nancy

1CardCreator said...

Love the new look of your blog! If you are reading this then you made it through the first day, thank goodness! I do hope it goes easier for you for the next 29, stay out of the heat! This card is delightful, I love your son's Diva's and I love how cute this card is! Take care. ~Diane

Faye said...

Hiya hun. You just wouldn't believe this paper, ribbon and the flowers had not been put together in a kit. What an eye you have! Wonderful card. xxx

Monica said...

The orange looks awesome... what a nice blend. And the gems are so pretty. I am going to become your follower. I visited your site when I was browsing through Sandra's comments.
Happy fasting!
Love,

Monica

Suzi said...

Hi Terry, I love this card hun, the papers and ribbons go so well together and the image is amazing, I haven't seen this one before. Gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations good luck in the DT call.
Hugs
Suzi x