Sunday, May 2, 2010

Celebrate Mothers

Glue, Scissors, Paper's is celebrating Mothers this week. We want you to do something in honor of mothers; create a project that incorporates something that belonged to your mother or the mother figure in your life. If you don't have a physical object, use a picture of yourself because you do belong to her.



I sort of did something different...I did something in honor of my mom but left out the picture. My mom loved flowers. So I created a gift set that I would give to her because she loved handmade gifts. No matter how hideous my hand made craft, she would still make me feel good about it and she never threw anything away. When she passed, we were cleaning and I found things I had forgotten I'd made for her. She still had this crazy looking clay ashtray I had made for her when I was in 5th grade. That's a Mom for you. :-)



I've been having fund with these handmade flowers. They get easier to make and you can do your own variation! How cool is that? The Top Note box is easy with this tutorial .

I hope you like my little gift set for Mother's Day. I'm hoping your day is sprinkled with love as well! Thanks for stopping by! ;~)

8 comments:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

OOMYGAWDDD---how cute is that!---i love the colors and the ribbon adds a beautiful touch to it--you're so good with your creationz, Terry---i'm always waiting to see what you're going to do next---great job!

mulberry station said...

ohhhh Terry! Your handmade flowers are adorable and I love all the added sparkle! I love your bright fun colors for your project and card. I so appreciate the tutorial on the gift box. I just printed it off. I know what you mean about finding little treasures that you made when you were young that your mother kept. It is very speacial! have a wonderful rest of the weekend. Nancy

Heather said...

SOOOOO PRETTY!!! I love your flowers and the gorgeous orange! Beautiful projects!

Faye said...

Hello my lovely, seems likes ages since I've had a chance to pop over and give you some love. This little box is adorable and so beautifully done. And I really like the colour schem on this and the post below. Yellow is my fav! Hugs. xxx

Donna said...

Hi Terry, how ya' doin? Your gift set is beautiful and I love the warm colour tones you have used...your flowers are so pretty and the style of the little gift box is fantastic! I think your Mum would have loved this little gift set and what a beautiful keepsake for you to keep in her memory :) Donna x

1CardCreator said...

Your handmade flowers are beautiful Terry, and I love the top note box. I will be off to watch that tutorial now. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

RobinJ said...

Beautiful colors and great card and box! I really love that border punch too!
xoxo-RobinJ

Judy said...

Hi Terry, this card and box is gorgeous and I love the color, handmade flowers and butterflies. I need to learn how to make those beautiful flowers. Your Mom is looking down from Heaven and I know she loving this gorgeous card and box set. Have a blessed day!