Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's All About Me and my Mom

Good morning everyone!

Now you know I love doing the All About Me challenges. Every challenge brings about a thought provoking motivation and the design team is awesome with their sensational inspirational designs. I also love that they take the time to come and comment on your blog when you enter their challenge - it just makes it even more special. This week's challenge is "Who's Your Idol?" hosted by Mo, who really knows how to scrap a page! It would be great if you could stop by AAM and check out what they've designed around this week's topic. The ladies are so fabulous and I love to read their stories.



I was really excited because I received my blog prize from Mo from a recent hop at AAM. I was ecstatic because in the big box was a stack of "My Mind's Eye" paper - I just love paper. So I picked the color I wanted to use and added these roses that I received in a swap - aren't they cute - I didn't take a great picture but you'll see more of these beauties in a bit.



This butterfly was added; one I had printed from Microsoft clip art gallery and added crackle accents (not a good photo here).



This crown is a "Pink Paislee" stamp and I love it! It has great detail and so I had to add diamond dust to those gems because Queens always have jewels in their crown. So, who is my idol?



Yep, it's my Mom, Luvenia. This picture was taken when she was quite young. The journaling reads: "Even as a little girl, I always wanted to make my parents proud and be like my Mom. I can't cook soul food like she did, but I can cook all those other dishes she taught me. What a woman! My Mom!" There's no one like my mom and I always keep her in my heart!

I love the colors in the paper and that I didn't have to add much to "negative space." Part of the package from Mo is the frame around her name, the top note, which I covered with more paper in the stack pack. She gave me a lot more and I plan to use it all up! *big smile*

I'm going to enter this page into the challenge at All About Me - it's such a fun blog! You'll love it too so go on...go on and have some fun...make it all about you for a change! :-)

Thanks for stopping by - have a great scrapping day!

9 comments:

mulberry station said...

Terry, what a beautiful tribute to your mother and gorgeous layout!
Nancy

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Beautiful Terry. Love the bright colors with your Mom's black and white photo.

Deanne :)

JR Creations said...

Awh Terry it's stunning darling! What a great tribute. My Mum is my idol too and apparently i'm hers, we make a good duo! :-D Thanks for making me think 'bout her one more time today! :-D Really sad you're leaving SSW too btw! :-( I'll still always stop by and say hi! :-D

Rach H said...

Love the journaling! The details are so sweet on this layout! Thank you for playing along at AAM!

1CardCreator said...

Your Mom was a beautiful woman, this is a beautiful tribute to her, she would be proud!
Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

LisaLisa said...

Oh My Gosh Terry! This is a stunning tribute to your mom, who by the way you look like:) The colors and embellishments really may your layout come to life!

Diana said...

Oh This is so pretty. I LOVE the bright colors.

Laurie! said...

Hi! Just stopping by from the All About Me challenge blog. Great LO! It's so sweet with all the flowers and that really cool crown!

janis said...

great take on the challenge!!! i love all the colors and the flowers on your layout - - this is a great tribute to your mom!!!! thanks for playing along with us over at aam!