Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Something Really Cute...

Good morning lovely crafters!

I hope you are having a great start to your week! I am!

I really miss taking card class from my friend, KT. She has a great blog with really cute and crafty cards for all occasions. She made a really great card that stayed in my mind. Check her blog and see what I mean. It is just too adorable. This morning, she show cased another like it for Halloween and included the tute in one of her posts.


I just had to try it, myself. I was thoroughly surprised that it actually came out. Did I ever tell you that I had trouble making the easel card and have never tried to do one again (but I will try one day)? Well, this little baby gave me a little trouble folding the step and aligning the drawers right.



I inked the outside of the card and the drawers with TH's antique linen distressing ink. The paper on the side is old - can't remember where it's from. The inside was inked as well and the scallop punch is from Stampin' Up! I used my SU! flower punch on the left side and my MS iron gate punch on the right side. The sentiment was printed from my computer. You can bet I'll be making a few more of these.

I hope you liked this - would love to see yours if you make one. Have a lovely day! ;~)

13 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hi Terry. My goodness, you have been busy, this is just fabulous, what a wonderful creation. So much time and effort has been put into this and its just FANTASTIC. Happy crafting and have a lovely day.
Love. Sandra xx

Monica said...

Wow Terry, now I know what you have been up to... when I saw this on the reading list, I thought this was a real piece of furniture!!! Can you believe that?

This is a amazing piece of creativity... superb colours and so well done.

xxx Monica

Dezinaworld said...

thats beautiful i love elegant cards like this
hugs June xxxx

Faye said...

Wow Terry, this is just so cool. I could never pull off a card with all these folds and steps, I'd be throwing myself out a window! xxx

Mrs A. said...

Wow Terry. This is even better than the one in the tutorial. Love the colours you have chosen. I thought it was real drawers too!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Terry! My word what an adorable card!!! At first I thought it was a box with drawers!!! I love this!

Joynana said...

Terry my friend and you did this all in one day. Wow, I love this. You are the QUEEN of craft. Please come and visit me and teach me oh great one. Everything about this dresser is perfect.

mulberry station said...

Wow Terry, I am totally impressed. this is super cute. I will have to give this one a try. it is gorgeous! I will be back to look at it again and figure out how to do it! thanks, Nancy

Donna said...

Oh wow Terry...this is so beautiful and such a unique and unusual design...I have seen the step cards around blogland but nothing like this../fab distressing on the drawers for dimension and I love the little dewdrops you have used for handles...so sweet! Thank you so much for the lovely comments you left on my blog...you are such a wonderful warm-hearted blogging buddy :) Donna x

PS: If you can make this card...easel cards are a doddle in comparison :) xxx

1CardCreator said...

Oh wow, I love this! You do have a bit of a vintage flair going on here. Could you be considering to convert? lol. I love the lace sticking out of the top drawer, looks awesome! ~Diane

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy moly! how fabulous is this! wow!

Sherry Goodloe said...

This is so different from any card I've ever seen! Love it!

'Scrappin Tha Hybird Way' said...

OMG this dresser card is soo cute love it.