Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Pin...

Hello lovely bloggers!

I have another card using Heather's wonderful image - something I made using a pin. I'd been swapping on Life at the Scrap Beach and one of the swaps I entered was "Pins". You'd be surprised how creative one can get with a simple stick pin. This one, I colored the off white ball purple using a Copic pen, added coordinated beads and inserted it into the bow of this card.



Heather is a delightful friend I met through blogging. I fell in love with her cute images. Don't you love the hair and that cute heart mouth? Right now, she's having a party on her blog. She has a new store and her images are wonderfully categorized - what a fantastic new store! You'll see a bunch of Angel Cakes (above)...she's such a cutie.

I added Stampin' Up!'s Crystal Effects to the balloons to give it that sort of "mylar" look and stickles to the wings. I used my MS border punch to add a little life to those dull purple card stock squares. The gingham ribbon gives the polka dotted paper just a little life and the bling adds depth with the circles. A simple and cute little card, I'd say.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great week y'all.

Happy Crafting! :~)

8 comments:

Monica said...

Love this card... and the pin is just so pretty. Such a cute image.

Terry, all the cards I made with your papers did well. Thanks so much! I still have a lot more to go so am excitedly looking forward to making more cards with your papers. Thank you!

Rose Petal said...

Hi Terry, such a fab card, great image and I just love all the purples, fantastic card and the pin looks brilliant. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Heather said...

I think you are just beyond sugary sweet!!! Thank you for the kind words and the shout out about my party and new shop. I appreciate you so much. This card is DARLING!!! I am off to Facebook it in a bit! :) Thank you for sharing your talent with us. I hope to see you at the party Friday!!! it will be at paper craft planet!

hugs and have a blessed night.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Delightful card Terry and love that colour. That little pin really lifts this above the "norm"
Hugs Helen xx

mulberry station said...

I agree with Heather..you are the best. Your card is so delightful. I love the added crystal effects to your balloons. I lvoe the colors you used and fun sketch. Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Nancy

Faye said...

Oh you are digging the purple at the moment. Love the combo of spots and gingham. The image is cute as and of course, beautifully coloured. xxx

Donna said...

Hey Terry, I've been such a bad blogger recently...it's the start of the silly season leading up to Christmas and there is always so much to be done! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments you left on my blog this week, they are very much appreciated and you are such a special friend. Your card is adorable, I 'm loving the dotty papers and gorgeous gingham ribbon and pretty to have placed the gems with the image...looks so beautiful hun :) Donna x

1CardCreator said...

Really cute card Terry. I love you you tied the different shades of purples all together, and the layout is awesome too. Your Copic coloring is stunning too. ~Diane