Friday, October 23, 2009

Blue, Silver & White, Some Brads/Buttons with a sketch

Today finds me with three challenges on one card - hooray! :) This time, I started with an idea that didn't work and had to improvise. Without an image to focus on (my snowman had red in it instead of blue so that wasn't going to work), I had to come up with something else.

The good thing is I had a sketch from Friday Sketchers #75. I admit this should have been easy with the samples from the DT - really creative pieces! But I was also entering this card into If the Shoe Fits challenge which is blue, white and silver. The only silver I had was origami paper and this sheet was so thin, it just sort of flapped about instead of lying down. I had cut a tree with my Cricut, envisioning this snowy beautiful silvery card....well, that didn't quite make it with the sketch. So I used MS snowflake punch and that solved that mystery. Luckily for me, Crafty Catz's challenge this week was to use buttons or brads or both. My card needed something else, so I used both (in the appropriate colors) and added stickles to bring it out a little - it looked a little tired. ;p
Don't forget to check over to Tellen's Place for the RAK blog candy drawing for those followers. Later today, I will announce that winner and put up pics of the blog candy for the follwers that promote my new blog on their blog, which will be drawn 10/31/09.

Happy Crafting Friday!

11 comments:

almondeyez2000 said...

Wow Terry you did not waste any time, lol! You know it's funny because I did not think of a winter scence and the colors are so very apropiate! Beautiful Card!
Tanisha~

carol said...

hi..wonderful card for the challenges, love the colour, thanks for taking part at CraftyCatz, x carol

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Terry
You were quick this week your card is gorgeous,thankyou for joining in again at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Jenny said...

eine sehr schöne Karte.Ich mag blau sehr.

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Oh Terry this is super stunning hunny bun. What a striking blue! I love your LO and all your detailing. Its beautiful.

Love Lisa.xxx

bastelkueken said...

Your card is fantastic. a lovely winter image.
Hugs
Anja

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Terry!! I love the wintery image, glitter and colors!! Great layout and details! TFS!

Liza said...

A gorgeous card Terry, I love the blue tones.

Liza x

Suzie said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Suzie x

Steph said...

Wow! I love that vibrant blue! Great card x

Tammy said...

Oh, what a beautiful card! I LOVE blue and silver color combo! The ribbon and all the sparkle are a perfect touch!

Tammy x