Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Prima doll Shadow Boxes

 Hey peeps!

I participated in another swap at MAS (I know...I said no more swaps...just a few...okay? Heehee) and we had to make shadow boxes and include a Prima doll on it.  These are really "windows" because there are no other parts to the "rectangle" we formed on top of the tag.  So here is what I made:

This tag "shadow box" was made using DCWV papers, a flower I received in a RAK from Ms. Dee; foil words from a swap on Swapbot.com some years ago and some other things from my stash.  The image is from Dover Publishing - cute isn't she?
 

 I love the vibrant orange mixed with the pink.  I made the shabby chic flower and the words (laugh, grow and believe) are epoxy stickers.  The little chipboard sign near her compact says: "It is better to travel well than to arrive."--Buddha. 

This one has that travel look about it.  I made the shabby chic flower, added some of this and that to make it look less empty.

I used Bona's (LiveLoveScrap on UTube) technique for the shadow boxes.  I'd created one using a Magnolia image (see a previous post for this month).

Thanks for looking!

Happy Crafting! :~)

 

5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

These are all delightful. What a fun swap. Just managing to catch up on everyone now that my e mail account has been sorted. Hugs Mrs A.

Beebeebabs said...

Wow Terry these are beautiful - love the vintage ladies tfs!!!

Donna said...

Hi Terry, hope you're well and thank you for sharing your shadow boxes they're amazing! I love the detail you have added to each one and the fab combination of colours. I think the 2nd one is my fav as it incorporates some of my favourite colours. They're all beautful though and so detailed! :) Donna ♥ x

PS: Thanks again for the wonderful comments you leave on my blog x

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Terry, these are fabulous!!!

I plan on being back in blogland (at least for a while... lol!) very soon now and will post my wonderful happy mail you sent. Sorry it's taken so long but, unfortunately, time wasn't in my favor...

Looking forward to spending time with everyone!

Love-love your shadow boxes, sweetie!

Monica said...

These shadow boxes are superb... you are such a high calliber artist. Very impressed, dear Terry.

Love,

M