Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Halloween Happy

As a beginner to paper crafts, here's a tip for getting a quick start into the holiday card or scrapbooking mode - die cuts and paper packs. Here is a card I made using die cuts from my local "big boy" craft store. Guess what - they also had reversible paper to match. How easy is that?

I love die cuts that are not cheesy and cheap so when I found these and the paper to match, I was ecstatic! So I pulled out the 134 pieces and chose those that went well with the paper (eyes that form a smiling vampire toothed smile) and started stacking my spooky characters.
I'd been to Irina's page and felt the inspiration to make a bunch of these "easy-breezy" Halloween cards to friends. She always has something beautiful and captivating that I can take away with. I added glimmer to those eyes because that's the focus on the paper and I tied a "knot" type bow on ribbon that looks similar to candy corn. What a way to welcome in the ghoulishness of the season!

No comments: