Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Blog Anniversary

It has been a month since I first began this blog and here I am now holding with three: this one for new crafters (cards or scrapbook), challengers (for those of us developing our craft) and Stampin' Up! for people interested in those products (hostesses, friends, family, etc.).

What I thought I'd do today is show you a card I made last year and one made in honor of this one month anniversary so that you can see the growth (hopefully it is apparent). Please keep in mind that it was my preference to move beyond my initial style and have it developed into something more lavish. You do NOT have to go that route. I'm a firm believer that your craft speaks of who you are and you should not change it for anyone. I've seen some beautiful cards here and I honestly believe they are all unique in their own way. That's what makes this craft so great!
Now this is not a bad card but you can see where I needed to work on my elements. Here is my anniversary card to myself for one month of blogging. I want to thank ALL those who hosts the blogs I follow and to those I've hopped to based on being on your site - because of you, I've been inspired to improve my card making techniques. Blogging has definitely given me new insight into the world of papercrafts. Thank YOU!
Now I'm not saying this is my ultimate best. I'm just saying I pay more attention to details now and different techniques. What do you think? Feel free to give your constructive feedback as I appreciate those in the arts who know.

No comments: