Sunday, November 15, 2009

Delightful Friend


You know, when I first came to the blogging world in August, I was amazed by the magnificent creations. I was in awe of the talent and felt like I'd finally reached a happy place. I knew this place would keep my mind off being unemployed while looking for work. With each rejection, entering someone's blog gave me joy and helped me withstand this continuous storm.

This is difficult because I have to keep starting over. Instead of just showing you what I wanted to show you, I keep making this post longer and longer, yapping. So, long story cut short: I met a beautiful person, Lisa, of Allissa Designs Cabin, whose talents are incredibly magnificent, we became friends and it's been one of the best experiences ever. She has taught me so much in such a short amount of time.

She also just sent me the loveliest gift. She'd featured vintage on her blog and I LOVE vintage. Whenever I see it, I'm just in awe that people can put this together! So she sent me this incredibly beautiful note board to hang on my wall. Isn't it the dreamiest? I'm like, no one better touch it - no, you can't use the notepad...it's for looking at! *you know the drill when you get something you want to use but it's so cute, you don't dare.*

She also sent me the cutest embellies!! I was screaming with delight and hubby sat in his recliner, laughing because he knows what Lisa means to me. I just loved that she picked such lovely things for me to craft with and of course, I'm like, I can't use those...because then they would be gone (silly me!). These will go on the best creations for some really good people in my life. :D

Thank you so much Lisa! Way across the ocean..a special friend she is to me.

6 comments:

almondeyez2000 said...

Awwww.. that was soo sweet of lissa!!! I love that clipboard, I would definitely be the same way, I would probably count the sheets to make sure no one has used any, lol!

Mandy said...

Hi,How lovely of Lisa to send such a beautiful present to you...the goodies look gorgeous as well...I'm new to blogging too and loving it as well...
Mandy xx

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Aww Terry, I am so deeply moved by such lovely words you have used to describe how you feel about our friendship. I too feel the same. With you in my life you bring extra joy,smiles and a friendship I have been seeking for such a long time.

Big Hugs
Luvs ya!

Lisa.xxxx

Kim Dellow said...

The is so lovely! Love the fabulous notes too. Kim

Liza said...

Fabulous work Terry, it is so pretty.

Liza x

Heather said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!! What a wonderful gift!