Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Punch It!

The design team over at The Digi-Kitty really made some great creations for their challenge this week: Punch it! So I thought I'd wander over and check them out to see what I can do to spruce up my work.

My card is with the Tellen Design image Ally, who is actually holding corn with a big wallop of butter on it. But I hid it with this daisy die-cut. Have you ever started a project and when it was finished, you knew it really wasn't going to work? But you knew it had potential and you could easily fix it. That's what I did with this card. I hid the corn-on-the-cob and added a bow (got rid of some other junk) and now it looks like it can be useful. ;p

I was able to use my flower punch and my lace punch. The big layered daisy (and small one) is by K & Company. I used my ticket sentiment that I got over at Allissa's Paper Town. I really am hooked on these. I layered my background papers and used my circle punch on the corners to give it the same look.

So go check out The Digi-Kitty and punch along! There's a great prize and a chance to be a guest designer there - how cool is that?

7 comments:

Digi Kitty said...

Oh Terry--this is so creative and clever--and I'm laughing about your experience--because I have that SAME one ALL the time.
My stuff is always in that predicament...I'm like, well this isn't working out like I wanted, so what can I add/change? LOL!
I would have never known there was corn in her hands--lol! Good trick!
Thanks for playing along with us again at Digi Kitty this week--and making such a witty card!

Hugs,
Kristal of Digi Kitty

My Creative Time said...

Wow Terry, what a lovely card!
thank you for playing w/us @ Digi Kitty!! Hope to see you again!
xxx
Emma:)

Patti J. said...

Hi Terry! What a darling card! And I adore your 'butter'!!! What a cute fix!!! You are very creative - thanks for sharing!!! Drop by my blog sometime! I'm posting some 'candy' tomorrow!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Terry - what a fabulous card! I love the way you have played this week!! Great punches!! Your colours are gorgeous too with that cute image and those gorgeosu flowers!! Well done on the challenge this week! Well done!
Linda Guest Designer

muscade said...

Hi Terry!

I love the colors and detail on your card! Using two punch is great for the challenge!

Thanks for playing along with us @ Digi-Kitty this week again!!!

Michelle B said...

Love this csrd Terry! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

Hugs,
Michelle B

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Oh Terry, im just loving this! she's a total stunner and I love this banana chocolate & the way you have mounted that ticket.

Too sweet.

Hugs
Lisa.xxx