Thursday, November 19, 2009

Let's Play...

Okay, I know you're thinking...oh no, a second post...well, I couldn't help it. The folks at The Play Date Cafe' have a color combo challenge going on. The design team rocked a bunch of samples and as soon as I saw the vintage card by Julie, I knew I had to play. Then I saw the rest and thought...oh, yeah...try it...

So, here is a double treat -- this door thingy is a freebie you can find on Jacqui's blog, Crafty Cardz. In fact, you can find a lot of freebies there or you can go to another blog she started called The Freebie Gatherers...everything there is FREE - go take a lookee-loo!

So, I made this a welcome sign to hang on the door knob, added some real lace, ribbon and punched up some purple flowers that matched the paper. I popped up Edward and Ally on a coaster that I found at the dollar store. You get a bunch of these little scalloped goodies with a bride and groom on them. I turned it over, embossed it, inked it with Versa Magic eggplant, stuck more flowers and pearls on it and called it a day. The gray in Edward's shirt help make the challenge over at The Play Date Cafe'. How cool is that? :-)

12 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

So glad to have you along for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

This is such a great way to use the colors! Really pretty!

peggy gatto said...

wonderful idea to make this!!!!

*Alison* said...

WOW.. great use of the challenge.. you did a wonderful job at all the colors..cute coloring too.. HUGS

~I hope you can stop by my blog.. I have free digital stamps.. a new one is added every Wed. and blog candy too (top sidebar )
www.stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com

Jacqui - Crafty Cardz - The Freebie Gatherers said...

Well this is fantastic... just love the tag design and the colours and to know that you used my FREE template from my blog.......it is really lovely Terry... hope you are going to link it to my tag template post so people can see how wonderful it is... xx

Sarah Anderson said...

It's very cool!!! Great idea and lovely tag

CelticWoman said...

Great take on the challenge. Thanks for taking the Play Date Cafe Challenge with us. Sandi

Julie said...

Great tag, Terry! Wonderful take on the challenge--so glad you came to play with us this week at PDCC--see you next week!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OH wow!! This is just ADORABLE!!! I love your colors and your fab design!! TFS! HUGS

Donna said...

Fabulous door hanger Terry, fantastic colours you have used and the lettering stands out so well! The image is so sweet and the embellies really pretty :) Donna x

dj1952 said...

Your door tag is so cute. Love the colors. Oh, that's right, that's the colors over at PDCC. LOL. TFS,

dj1952

I have a new blog: http://www.designsbydj.blogspot.com

Neet said...

What a fun creation - the colours you have used are gorgeous,they fit together so well.

1CardCreator said...

Great challenge card Terry! I think this is the first time I've been to this blog, glad I found it. ~Diane