Saturday, November 28, 2009

Glitter, Red and Green and Snowman...

I didn't dare go out to the stores with Black Friday being extended to today; so did some challenges. Instead of making an additional posts for followers/e-mail recipients, I'll combine the two cards on one link.

This card is my first - no second paper piecing. I tried doing one with pumpkins and a rubber stamp. Yeah, it's in the trash on some land field now. But this one, I just printed the digital image in the patterned paper that I would be using as my background and there you have it. I have to admit - I like it easy. :p My snow man is from Stamps & Smiles. I bought a few at a really good bargain and there's newer ones, so go check it out!

I love snow "folks" and this little guy is so cute, he gets to go into these challenges:

Creative Card Crew
- #38 Your Favorite things: Snowman and glitter
Something Completely Different - Red and Green Snowman
Crafty Creations - Christmas Theme (you get a bonus if you include cracked glass technique)

Each blog has samples from their DT that are bound to rock your world, so go check 'em out!

My next card is also an image from Stamps and Smiles. I used the sketch at The Fresh Batch challenge, which is incredibly adorable. After seeing the great sketches the DT provided, I couldn't wait to color my little cupcake and the tree with the cute little ornaments. I added die-cut ornaments and my ticket sentiment is from my favorite place: Allissa's Paper Town. She has new sentiments, which I had to get - ovals, vintage - it's amazing! You better head on over there.

Digi's...where've you been all my life? ;D

12 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Terry!

I love your paper piecing...looks fabulous with these festive papers! Great job on the Fresh Batch sketch too, so adorable!!!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Carol said...

love those snowflakes - lovely card - thank you for joining us at SCD this week.

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your lovely card!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Tammara said...

I always congratulate the crafters saavy enough to muliti-task Blog Challenges - BRAVO on the three-for-one! And your card is fantastic. Using the striped paper diagonally was a smart choice, it really makes the design pop. And I also really like the 3D effect you've got with your elements (popdots? I LOVE popdots!!!) "floating" above the page. Good work!

melody said...

awesome cards chickie! love your take on SCD's challenge this week! what a scrumptious snowman..and nice touch with the bow

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards Terry, fab paper piecing on your snowman and the papers are very festive! I love your cupcake Christmas card, the image is soooo sweet and the harlequin style design paper is really eye catching, I really like the way you have hung the baubles from the ribbon and the little ticket sentiment is perfect! Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my blog, you will never know how much they mean to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart :) Donna x

Liza said...

Fab cards Terry, I really love your paper piecing, I think it is such a great technique and really effective.

Liza x

Dawn said...

Cute happy Snowman, great stripey paper and wonderful ribbon


thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

acreativeneed said...

Terry this is such a great card!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Laura said...

Great card. Great image thanks for playing at SCD

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Terry darlin, loving this roo! image is perfect, love the Dp just great....the ribbong touch is gorgeous, i can never get my ribbons to look that neat! A beautiful creation my love.

Hugs
lisa.xxx

stamprgrl said...

terry, love both cards. You have a great way to make SAS' images shine.

Thanks for playing w/ us at Stamps and Smiles.

-- dalis