Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...

Okay, I haven't been much of a turkey crafter this year - with all the challenges focused so much on Christmas, I just sort of pushed it to the side.

Happily, Project Tuesday had a cute little challenge: Post-it-Note holder, with a tutorial. How could I pass that up? I have a cute little image from Stamps and Smiles store (better check them out because there was a great sale going on...hope you didn't miss it!). Isn't Mr. Turkey the cutest? I colored him with Copics, distressed the edges with scissors and ink distressed him with Versa Magic pumpkin.

Inside, I didn't have a small pencil, so left it out - but it's a cute little gift for a person starting a new job - you know how we love our post-it-notes. I'm giving this one to my cousin - she likes to use them at home.

So check out the samples at Project Tuesday; the DT always has some great samples to share.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Day!

9 comments:

melody said...

yepperz..i gotta agree..that turkey is *cute*..and your coloring is awesome chickie! great take on the challenge!

Mrs B said...

Oh, your post it note holder turned out so darn cute! I do love that turkey! Thanks for joining us this week at Project Tuesday!
CindyB

Rose said...

this is too stinken cute! love the turkey and your coloring is beautiful :0) thanks for joining us on project tuesday this week

Maria said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Terry! I hope your day was filled with love, happiness, and lots of yummy food.

YOur card is adorable. I love that turkey and you did such a wonderful job coloring the image. I didn't create too many Thanksgiving cards either. . .I'm a little disappointed by it but there's always next year. I'll start early next year. . :)

Maria

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Terry :) Your project is adorable! LOVE the fun design and colors on your bird!!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for playing along with our weekly project challenge!!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Heather said...

What an adorable idea!!! That turkey is SO cute!!!

I am glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I think this year was one of the best for me. Last year was the year my mom got sick, then hannah, and the kids got the flu, and hannah got sick again... it was all a mess!!! I am so thankful for so many things this year. Have a wonderful and blessed night.

Heather

My Little Space said...

such a fab design Terry!

Mandy

Jacqui - Crafty Cardz - The Freebie Gatherers said...

Really lovely Terry.. as usual... and great idea for a post it note holder! x

Donna said...

Hi Terry, this is just the cutest little Turkey and I love how you have coloured him...the distressing is really neat and this little post-it-note holder is such a lovely gift :) Donna x