Friday, November 13, 2009

Pink, Yellow and Red

At Heather's Coffee Break, it's snow day and there's another blog hop! So, check this out, if you do the sketch and the colors (pink, yellow and red), and leave a comment, you'll be entered into a drawing for a fabulous prize! Also, check out the new images in her store - mmmm, yummy! I have to add to my "coffee collection." ;-p

So I am using one of Heather's images because it's so cute. I was a little afraid of the color combo - you know me and colors do not work well together. But I think I managed to pull off the yellow with pink and red, don't you? I even had some green, red and yellow paper - woohoo!

So I colored little angel with Copics and added stickles for her fur, punched snowflakes and added pink buttons to kind of tie in those colors. I followed the sketch...I believe. So, now I'm going to hop onto the other blogs and see their samples of the new digis Heather has!


Later: So, I did the hop and found out that my interpretation of the sketch was way off base. I hate to do a half done job, so I thought, I need to do another one. Isn't that how it goes sometimes? The design team puts on such a show of beautiful samples, you realize yours just isn't up to your own standards...so back to the drawing board.



Now...tell me - what do you think of this one. I like them both, but I did follow the sketch better. Heather made each person in the hop a snowman family based on the things that person's family was all about. You should see how cute it is! Check out her blog - she can do one for your family too!

I had my son do the same thing at Tellen's Place for my design team - it's really cute having yourself portrayed - hubby and I have one too (one I did awhile back - might have to have my son draw another). I'm definitely going to have Heather draw a snow family of me and King Mufasa - THAT's going to be a hoot! ;P

4 comments:

Heather said...

You are just too cute!!! I was so happy to see you participated in the challenge!!! My first challenge and my first participant! I will never forget :o). These cards are both just so beautiful! I really love them! the first is just so sweet! You colored her wonderfully and added just the right touch of stickles. I agree the color challenge was a bit tough. Leave it to Hannah had her artistic eye. BUT after making it, dont you love it!!! Your second card really stands out to me. It is just so soft, sweet and fun. the colors really make it pop and give it a girly, pretty, still wintery feel. I love it! (and AWW!! you used my Angel Cakes!) Thank you Terri for playing along.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Liza said...

Cute cute cards Terry, you have used great colour combos!

Liza x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! Terry, what brilliant creations!! I never would've paired these colors together, but boy do you make it look fantastic hun!! The image is sooo sweet!! TFS! HUGS

Heather said...

Terry
Thank you for joining in on Hannah's challenge and being a part of my new image release! Pop on over to my blog to see what you have won!

Heather