Saturday, November 21, 2009

Simply Put

I really like the challenges on 365 Cards. Often, these are cards that I can make and the challenge is interesting to boot. This time, for Day 265, 365 Cards has a challenge called, "Simply Put." This is one patterned paper, one embellishment and one sentiment. Sophie, one of their design team members put together a lovely card, all red and white with a lovely snowflake, so it makes you think..cool, let's do this.

Can you believe this was hard for me? I'm a simple, clean cut kind of crafter but I've learned to add embellishments here and there to make the card "sing" so to speak. So, to do this, I was like, ugh, it's naked! (lol!) I simply adhered paper to the white cardstock, added a candy cane embellishment and a sentiment ticket (from Allissa Paper Town). It's as simple as that.

But I do hope you like the simplicity of it and check out 365 Cards - there's something to do everyday. Don't you love that?

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Terry, this card definitely 'sings' to me, the pink candy cane paper is stunning and so is the candy cane itself...the sentiment is the perfect finish :) Donna x

Heather said...

This is so clean and simple, but so sweet! I love your candy cane embellie!!! Beautiful!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

It may be simply put hun, but it sure makes for a yummy and pretty creation!! :)